On every trip home I have to cross Mt. Eagle, which is in the beautiful Smokey Mtns. It has a 6% grade for 7 miles and I don't like speed nor height. On the trip home last week I stopped at the top(in the rest area mind you, not on the side of the road)and sat my camera on the dash so that I could get some pictures of the scenery. I could only push the button and hope that the lens was in a good position. I had to do this with my stomach in my mouth because I worry about run-away RV's and trucks. I'll post a couple of pictures. Yesterday I went to Demorest to fix lunch for the work crew. I took a picture of the grounds 10 days away from conv. On the right is the laundry room and in the distance is the mtg. shed. Mr. Taylor's funeral will be there next Mon. It's hard to believe he's gone. I've known him since before I can remember and he was in our home a lot. He was a gentle man(and gentleman).


1 comment:
Wow, you got some good pictures even if it was "from the dash"!!
You can really see the incline!
Post a Comment