MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Memories

Today is my Dad's birthday, and I'm happy that I can think of him now and not always be sad. In fact, most of the time it makes me happy to think back on him. The picture below was made at my neice's wedding in 2003. It was taken 5 days before his very last birthday. Because my b'day is the 19th (day of neice's wedding), my sister's the 20th, and Daddy's the 24th, we had celebrated the birthdays on the 18th. The location was Tyler, Tx.

My Dad and Mom (solid med blue dress)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Susan, a very nice post about Daddy. Jan

All American Family said...

I have looked at this picture a thousand times over the last 7 years. So many memories.

gkey said...

dear Memories grow sweeter,
I lost my Dad 9 years ago. And it has taken a long time to be able to think of him with out the sadness too. I am glad for things that remind me of him. That helps him to continue to 'live on' in my memory.
love,
Birthday Memories of special people
in
NE
p.s.
April 24th is my sweet husbands birthday too! (He turned 53)

Ethel said...

nice to see this picture!