MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Shopping and Monday night supper.

I know I need to put something on here other than food, so I'll tell you about my shopping after the supper pictures. Everyone on FB is talking about going shopping before Demorest so I had to go too. Anyway, tonight we had grilled pork chops, baked sweet potato, english peas, the last of the scrumptious watermelon, and corn muffins.



My hubby's breakfast looked good this morning when I sat it on the table. I must confess that he normally fixes this himself. He has tea from a local Chinese medical doctor and uses the little clay pot.


Last Friday I went looking for a little back number...we all know how essential it is to have one or more of those! But man, are they ever expensive!! Today I threw down that little plastic card that takes a slight edge off of sticker shock and made a purchase. In all honesty I bought all 4 that I liked. I really did need them all! Promise!! My old ones were looking very tired and worn and were giving me a little problem with "cupping", if ya know what I mean. And it's much easier to rotate things when you have 4 of them. Duh. I smiled all the way home because I just knew that I'd picked the right things. And hubby agrees with me, thank goodness. I wanted someone tall , dark, and handsome to help with my choice. DH was busy, so I had to settle for just tall and handsome. Two outta 3 ain't bad!

Here's the tall, handsome guy. We used to meet every Sunday morning and then he up and married this little chick and everything changed! She calls herself Mrs first/Tim last/Drew now. But still, Tim helped me with my choice.



Isn't it beautiful? And I've got FOUR!!



You knew I was talking about my tires didn't you? My old tires were cupping. They made an awful noise but I put up with it for 1 1/2 years until they were worn out. That's what you do when the economy is bad. And I got to have an old California surfer dude put the tires on for me...Mr Drew himself.

5 comments:

All American Family said...

well, well, well, I am so glad all is right with your world! Yes, Mr. Tall/ Handsome did a mighty fine job helping you pick out your little black number. ;) Now, could you come cook supper for my family? We would be most appreciative!

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha. Enjoy your smooth ride! And your meals are always fun to look at. They're always so prettily presented...

Mommabelle said...

Open the sweet potato and put butter on it for the picture!
Oh yeah, and come on over and cook any time!!!!

The J's said...

Haha! Great post, you gave me a good chuckle this morning! Your meals always look SO good! Wonder if I will have inspiration left at all by the time I just have 2 to cook for. I doubt it. We'll be those old people at the out-to-eat joints every night...

Karen said...

Great post, Susan! :) I have to admit, I was wondering where this one was going. haha And...I must agree that all the food looks so yummy. I'm game for dinner anytime. Why do you have to live so far away?