MIMISUSAN

Born a Kentucky babe, became a Georgia peach, a wife, a mommy and a grandmommy, but ALWAYS a Suth'n belle. Sugah, I shooah hope y'all enjoy mah rambl'n, bless yuh hahts! Membah now, cum back to see meh!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday supper

Are you getting tired of looking at what I cook every night? Well, you're only going to see two more this week because I leave for Demorest on Wednesday. Remember that roast I cooked on Thursday night? Sure you do! Tonight I chipped the leftovers and put them over basmati rice and then some gravy over that. Steamed broccoli and the best apple salad I have ever made. It was a new recipe for me... mayo, sour cream, and honey for the dressing. The salad had apples, celery, dates, grapes, and walnuts in it. YUM! This food log has been a good exercise for me, as it is making me think a little more about what I'm putting on the table. Maybe I need to see some of your meal presentations so that I can add to my repertoire.

2 comments:

All American Family said...

ok - so I could do without the broccoli, but the meat and apple salad looks good. Care to share the recipe on Ciao Down?

Anita said...

well the thing is, I don't have 'presentation'- I just get it on the table. And tonight- I needed to use up some cottage cheese and did cottage cheese pancakes- and they were fantastic...but I'm not sure that would work with your diet constraints???? Anyway- never knew you could put cottage cheese in pancakes!

And yours always look delish and quite nice!